Horse Rider Scout Merit Badges
Scouts can earn their Horse Rider Merit Badges at our farm in two to three hours.
They will get an hour of ground work, riding instruction, and one or more hours of trail riding.
They'll learn how to do the following:
- Groom the horse
- Bridle and saddle the horse
- Mount and dismount safely
- Control the horse
- Maintain their balance while riding
- Exercise safe trail etiquette
- Recognize horse mannerisms and behavior
Cost Of Earning The Badge
- 2-Hour Badge (inlcudes 1 hour of horseback riding) = $60/person
- 3-Hour Badge (includes 2 hours of horseback riding) = $90/person
Schedule Of Ride Times
|Nov - Feb||10am||10am||12pm||10am|
|Mar - Oct||10am||3pm||9am||3pm|
Horseback Riding Liability Release Forms
Each child's parents must sign a liability release form in order for them to ride.