Horse Rider Scout Merit Badges
Scouts can earn their Horse Rider Merit Badges at our farm in two to three hours. Troops must consist of at least 6 scouts in order to qualify for the special, discounted pricing offered for the Merit Badges. If you have fewer than 6 children wanting to earn their badge, we will still give them the opportunity to earn their badge, but it will be at our regular lesson prices. The same topics are covered, and they will still receive the embroidered patch, but the cost will be slightly higher since you won't have a group to qualify for the group discount.
They will get an hour of ground work, riding instruction, and one or more hours of trail riding.
They'll learn how to do the following:
- Groom the horse
- Bridle and saddle the horse
- Mount and dismount safely
- Control the horse
- Maintain their balance while riding
- Exercise safe trail etiquette
- Recognize horse mannerisms and behavior
Cost Of Earning The Badge
- 2-Hour Badge (inlcudes 1 hour of horseback riding) = $60/person
- 3-Hour Badge (includes 2 hours of horseback riding) = $90/person
Schedule Of Ride Times
|Nov - Feb||10am||10am||12pm||10am|
|Mar - Oct||10am||3pm||9am||3pm|
Horseback Riding Liability Release Forms
Each child's parents must sign a liability release form in order for them to ride.